Size:72 mm | Style:Multi-Resistant Nano Coating This
filter fulfills the desire of many photographers for pure lens protection
without a filter effect. Its only function is to keep dirt, sand, or splashes
away from the front lens. The extremely clear special glass with high
transmission is MRC-finished. From the Manufacturer Lens Protection with No
Effect on Image Quality This filter fulfills the desire of many photographers
for pure lens protection without any filter effect. Its only function is to
keep dirt and moisture away from the front lens. Made from special, extremely
clear optical glass, B+W Clear filters exhibit very high transmission values.
B+W’s Superior MRC Coating with Nano Technology Illustration of lotus effect
on water droplet caused by nano coating. The nano coating is an outer layer of
protection that comes standard with all XS-Pro Digital MRC filters. The
nanotechnology based characteristic (lotus effect) produces a better beading
effect with water, making the cleaning of this filter even simpler and faster
than ever before. MRC nano has an improved outer (8th) layer over regular MRC.
The lens elements of high-quality lenses and the plano surfaces of filters
require a perfect shape and smoothness to achieve the best optical quality.
Dirt, greasy fingerprints, water marks and scratches reduce the image contrast
and the sharpness, which can result in blooming at light sources and have an
effect similar to a soft-focus lens. A clean front lens element and clean
filter surfaces are therefore an absolute pre-requisite for demanding
photographers. The nano coating results in lotus effect on water droplet. The
MRC coating is first and foremost a broadband anti-reflection coating. This
means that its reflection-reducing effect, which is thus also a transmission-
increasing effect, i.e. one which suppresses scattered light and ghost images
and transmits more light, has a broadband action over the full spectrum. In
contrast, the (almost always blue) single-layer coating only has a high effect
in the medium wavelength range around yellow and yellow-green where the eye is
most sensitive to light, while its effect is greatly reduced toward the blue-
violet and purple-red end regions of the visible spectrum. With the MRC
coating, this blue, violet and red to deep-red light cannot produce any
contrast reducing scattered light, spotty reflections or ghost images. A
broadband effect can only be achieved with a multilayer coating which requires
a much higher effort and precision because unevenness and irregularities of
the individual layers build up on one another and amplify one another.
Schneider therefore uses a plasma-assisted evaporation coating process in
which inert gas ions accelerated in an electrical field compact the material
deposited on the lens surface in the vacuum chamber. For photographers, the
main advantage of MRC coating, is it’s ability to combat flare and ghosting.
An added benefit is that their filters remain free of dirt longer, so that
they do not have to be cleaned so often. When cleaning the filter does become
necessary, it is a lot easier to wipe off the dirt with a blower brush,
because of MRC’s ability to repel dirt and moisture. This also reduces the
risk of micro-scratches which can occur during cleaning. Side view of XS-Pro
DigitalMount. Click for larger view. XS-Pro Digital Filter Mount This filter
uses our XS-Pro Digital mount which is especially suited for DSLRs with wide
angle and zoom lenses. It has a front thread for additional accessories such
as lens caps or hoods. All XS-Pro Digital mounts are made of brass and are
matte black to prevent reflections.
- This filter uses our XS-Pro Digital mount which is especially suited for DSLRs with wide angle and zoom lenses. It has a front thread for additional accessories. All XS-Pro Digital mounts are made of brass and are matte black to prevent reflections.
- MRC nano has an improved outer (8th) layer over regular MRC. The nanotechnology based characteristic (lotus effect) produces a better beading effect with water making the cleaning of this filter even simpler and faster than ever before.
- Manufactured from Water-White Schott Glass
- Product Dimensions: 3 x 3 x 0.2 inches
- Item Weight: 1.28 ounces
- Shipping Weight: 2.24 ounces
- Item model number: 66-1066110
Unless noted Otherwise in the Item Description, we ship all orders within 2 business days of payment.
Most items are shipped within one business day via UPS within the Continental United States.
- Canada shipment can take up to 10 days
- Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico shipment can take up to 10 days, and some items may not be permitted to ship to these locations.
- If any shipment is not permitted to your area, full refund will be issued within two business days.
All returns accepted within 30 days after receiving the item.
- Refund given as money back (no exchanges)
- Return Shipping to be paid by buyer, unless item defective or damaged.
- 15% Restocking fee applies unless return due to defective or damaged product.
- Perishable or Hazardous Goods are not returnable. Returns may require compliance with Manufacturer policies.
We take our reputation seriously. We buy and sell online, so we understand the value of trust. If you are unsatisfied with your order for any reason, please Contact Us and we will work with you to resolve it to your satisfaction.