From the Back Cover Learn Windows Networking Quickly and Easily This unique,
full-color guide covers Windows networking basics, giving you a solid
foundation in the technology as well as preparing you to take the Microsoft
Technology Associate Exam 98-366, Networking Fundamentals. Learn general
networking concepts, then get up to speed on switches, routers, LANs, WANs,
and morewith a focus on technologies used in Microsoft networks. Whether
you’re an aspiring networking professional or just brushing up, it’s the
essential information you need to be successful in networking in a Windows
environment. Learn these Windows networking essentialsand more: Networking
for home computers, small offices, and large enterprises Identifying necessary
hardware, protocols, services, and infrastructures Understanding the OSI and
TCP models Connecting computers with switches and routers Understanding the
components of an IPv4 or IPv6 address Resolving names to IP addresses, and
understanding DNS and WINS Understanding the basics of LANs, WANs, and
wireless networks Preparing for MTA Exam 98-366, Networking Fundamentals This
striking Essentials book features: Chapter-opening learning objectives Full
coverage of all exam topics Four-color screenshots and illustrations
Essentials and Beyondsummaries and additional suggested exercises Chapter
review questions Read more About the Author About the Author Darril Gibson,
MCSE, MCITP, ITIL v3, Security+, CISSP, is the CEO of Security Consulting and
Training, LLC. A Microsoft Certified Trainer since August 1999, Darril
regularly teaches, writes, and consults on a wide variety of security and
technical topics. He has authored, coauthored, or contributed to 14 books on a
wide range of topics that include Windows Server, Windows 7, SQL Server, and
IT security. Read more
- Paperback: 368 pages
- Publisher: Sybex; 1 edition (May 2, 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1118016858
- ISBN-13: 55
- Product Dimensions: 7.3 x 0.8 x 9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.8 pounds
- #73 in Computer Networks
Unless noted Otherwise in the Item Description, we ship all orders within 2 business days of payment.
Most items are shipped within one business day via UPS within the Continental United States.
- Canada shipment can take up to 10 days
- Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico shipment can take up to 10 days, and some items may not be permitted to ship to these locations.
- If any shipment is not permitted to your area, full refund will be issued within two business days.
All returns accepted within 30 days after receiving the item.
- Refund given as money back (no exchanges)
- Return Shipping to be paid by buyer, unless item defective or damaged.
- 15% Restocking fee applies unless return due to defective or damaged product.
- Perishable or Hazardous Goods are not returnable. Returns may require compliance with Manufacturer policies.
We take our reputation seriously. We buy and sell online, so we understand the value of trust. If you are unsatisfied with your order for any reason, please Contact Us and we will work with you to resolve it to your satisfaction.